Northerm mountain bike
This tour offers real challenging of cross- country mountain bike, some technical on offroad riding , hard climb on day1 and day2. A wonderful opportunity to experience the traditional and varied lifestyles of the people in this spectacular country. Only 4 days tour but have off-road, single track and asphalt pave biking.
Day 1: HaNoi – Mai Chau (38 km) (Meal: L, D)
Transfer to Hoa Binh Start riding ,It’s a fascinating drive past many minority villages as we climb onto a higher plateau. We ride pass coffee and orange plantations . Drop off for lunch then continue cycling to MaiChau village.
Over night in home stay in Maichau of Thai minority people
Day 2: Mai Chau- Mocchau- Mai Chau. (+- 50km ) (Meal: B, L, D)
After breakfast transfer to Moc Chau then riding 16 km to Hang Kiain broken road then continue in the off road to Mai Chau withour car stand by. We riding more than 10 km single track down hill to valey. This is highlight of the tour, making this a day not to be forgotten. After lunch we cycle past rice fields, villages.( 30km ) in mix of off road , trails back to Mai Chau villages where we stay a night.
Dinner and overnight in Home stay
Day 3: MaiChau – PuLuong (+- 50km ) Meal: B, L, D)
After breakfast riding to Co Luong then continue in the road to Kho Muong . We cycle up hill in 18 km , + 600m elevation , then we riding down in off road past rice fields and bananas plantations and small minority villages of Muong and Thai. We finish the day with a stunning descend on a winding trail into Lua village.
Dinner and homestay in village of Thai minority people
Day 4: Lua– Vu Ban (+- 30km ) (Meal: B, L, D)
After breakfast in the morning, we transfer up to mountain ( 20 minutes). We cycling down hill on road then off road cycling in mix trails ( 36 km ) to Vu Ban . Meet a car then transfer back to Hanoi, end of service in Hotel in Hanoi.
Discount for big group booking,
Note: Prices are based per person, double occupancy, with a separate cost for solo travelers. If you are traveling in a group but prefer single accommodations, a single supplement fee applies. Triple accommodations are not available in many of the destinations we visit.
Best Time to go
From October to May
- English speaking local guide
- Accommodations in hotels, home stays and local hotel around trip as mention
- Meals as mention with B= breakfast, L= Lunch, D= dinner
- Sightseeing and activities as noted in the itinerary
- Ground transportation
- Additional guides where necessary
- Entrance fees and permits
- Basic medical
- Cannondale full suspension or Cannondale lefty
International airfare; meals not noted on itinerary; Vietnam visa; insurance other than basic medical ; optional tipping to leader, guides and local staff; excess baggage charges; international airport taxes; cost of medical immunizations; items of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
+ GIANT XTC including in tour price.
+ Cannondale F3, Cannondale RZ Twenty 3 full suspension
Bikes suggest : XC hardtail, XC full suspension , All mountain
If you bring your bike please ensure that you bike is in good working order before you leave on tour. If you are not the most mechanically minded we suggest that you get your bike looked at by a professional bike mechanic. In particularly we would suggest looking and adjusting all wheel spokes, greasing all your bearings, checking your brakes/gears cable, tighten all nuts and bolts, check chain, quick release clamps, tires and put in new inner tubes and check wheel rims are not worn. In addition make sure the bike is well serviced and ride it with as much care and attention as possible.
Total biking Distance
+- 190 km
Number of cycling days
2 full days , 2 half day
Average Daily Distance:
This tour follows a mix of broken roads, fine road, singletrack , and rough tracks, so some off-road riding skills are an advantage. You should be confident of your physical condition and bike handling skills.
One or two 8-seat air-conditioned transit vans converted to take bikes and bikers.
Minimum 2. Maximum 12.
Groups of 6 or more a Vietnamese cycling guide and drivers and assistants. Groups of 4-5, an experienced English speaking Vietnamese cycling leader plus guide and support team.
3 nights in home stay. All accommodation has a/c or fan, hot water and private facilities.
All meals as mention and snack every 15- 20 km ( 10 miles) for tea break with water, coffee ,tea, juice, bread, banana, apple… including nutritional ( 3 Clif Bar MoJo energy bars /per day)
– During the ” BikingVietnam.com” the main meals are breakfast and the evening meal. Thus, breakfast should be large and substantial (and include cereals). We recommend that all participants should bring a supply of their favorite cereals as many of the hotels where we stay don’t yet have cereal on offer at breakfast.
– For lunch (picnic) you will need to make sandwiches in the morning, and take some fruit. We recommend you also bring along some of your favorite energy bars.
– The evening meal will be in a restaurant, and precooked by the Organizers. We will make sure there are always plenty of carbohydrates and protein on the menu.
– Don’t forget adequate hydration is as important as a good meal and so you should make sure you carry enough water with you. In some stages there is no where to “top up” along the way. Follow your guides instructions for each stage. We recommend you use a hydration pack with at least 2l capacity, rather than water bottles. The water bottles don’t carry as much water, plus it will get warm during the day, they are not as hygienic and the water bottle cage can get in the way when you may have to carry your bike.
We recommend you should bring nutrition as details
* Hammer Gel energy gels are 100% pure complex carbohydrate
Clif Bar energy bars are a great-tasting, convenient source of energy for any activity. Made with 70% organic ingredients .Mix of carbohydrates, protein, and fiber promote steady increase in blood sugar levels followed by a gradual decline for sustained energy
4:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein; excellent for post workout recover
Feel free to contact us for any question you may have, please contact