What you need to know when traveling Vietnam bike tours
Traveling by bike to Vietnam has become an interest and favor of many bicyclists, Vietnam with many interesting things, attractions, diverse terrain lines will bring to those who ride bicycles with unforgettable experiences. But not everyone has experience right away when they first ride to Vietnam.
With more than 15 years of organizing trips by car to all regions in Vietnam, we would like to offer you the experience to help you consult when traveling by bike in order to have a Exciting journey.
Which bike should I use to travel in Vietnam?
Cross country bikes
The function of this vehicle is to walk on steep, rugged mountain roads filled with rocks and jagged holes. Using this vehicle, you will lessen the anxiety about the tire problem, encounter bad roads. You will not hesitate to run through the crushed road. However, because the weight of this vehicle is relatively heavy, the wheels are slightly larger, so the user has to spend a lot of effort.
If you choose mountain roads, this is the best car for you. However, this is not a speeding vehicle, so the time to travel on the road will be a bit long. If you go on your own, you have to install additional goods.
When using this bike you get a speed advantage, but this bike is only suitable for you when participating in tour programs with tour organizers.
“Touring bike” is designed for tourism and nomadic purposes, so this car is not heavy, short-lived like mountain bike and is not as slender as road bike. This car has many different styles and postures or sitting postures, you can choose:
– Flat handler bar with easy braking, high lift / drop system are all high quality.
– Drop off handler bar that users can easily change the posture to control less tired, less wind and relax on long, windy roads.
This is best bike for you travel Vietnam alone like self guide tours
You use a pair of hanging baskets rack in front , and rear rack for panniers,
What tools and accessories are needed for the trip?
· Valid passport and visa
· Airline tickets
· Duffel bag, large and sturdy
· Daypack or fanny pack
· Luggage tags and luggage locks
· Money belt
· Lightweight fleece or synthetic top
· Pants – synthetic, quick-drying
· Shorts – synthetic, quick-drying
· Long-sleeve shirts for sun protection
· Bring a few lightweight, easily washable items for city and travel wear
· Helmet (required), please bring your own, we could provide but not sure they will fit
· Cycling gloves
· Water bottle or hydration pack. On mountain bike trip we suggest you should have Camelback with more than 2 L ( some time we don’t have car support for more than 30km )
· Bicycling Clothing
· Cycling jerseys, short sleeve, quick drying
· Cycling pants/shorts
· Cycling raingear, jacket and pants, waterproof and breathable
· Waterproof, breathable rain/wind jacket
· Rain/wind pants
· Cycling shoes (or running shoes with stiff soles)
· Walking shoes/sandals
· Sunglasses and retainer strap
· Sun hat with brim
· Sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher)
· Lip protection (SPF 15)
· Toiletry kit
· Personal first-aid kit
· Plastic bags, various sizes including one extra-large garbage bag to line duffel bag
· Insect repellent
· Hand sanitizer/Handi wipes
· Travel towel
· Face mask/bandana
· Saddle or ‘gel’ seat cover
· Favorite snack food and/or energy bars
· Camera, film and spare batteries
· Reading and writing materials
· Electrical converter and adapter
· Flashlight or headlamp
· Laundry cord and clips
· Watch with alarm or travel clock
- -Extra tube
- -Extra tire
- -Cable for gears
- -brake pad
- multi bike tools
- set patching kits
A few small notes to note:
- Review information and plan carefully for each day of the journey
- Learn about places to eat, stop, and spend the night.
- To other regions, you may be charged a high price of services, so finding out and asking prices and enthusiastic prices will save a lot of money.
- Compact camera or camcorder will be necessary to record beautiful images of the trip. Something that is indispensable is a map or GPS navigation device.
- Very careful when participating in traffic, especially on the highway, the quality of the road is quite bad, and the car is running staggeringly. You can buy travel insurance if you go for a long time. Do not go in the evening, or go to deserted streets without accompanying people.
- There should be a companion on the trip, unless you can really be independent and like to explore alone.
- Keep the spirit of optimism happy. Communicating heavily with locals will bring you many interesting discoverie
999 Mai Chau 3 day mountain bike